As we care about your rights, kindly review these terms and conditions carefully before using the website.
The www.lumirental.com website (henceforth referred to as Lumi or ‘the website’ or ‘the company’ in all policies, T&Cs and FAQs), including the mobile site, smartphone applications for iOS, Android and Windows is a subsidiary of Seera Group, incorporated in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Terms of agreement
By accessing and using the website and app, you agree to accept, without modification, limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions contained herein (the "Agreement"). You represent and warrant that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the website and app in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
Modification of terms
Lumi tries to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. However, inaccuracies may arise from time to time. The website and/or any of its sister companies accept no responsibility for any errors in the information contained on the Lumi website.
The website contains information about the products and services Lumi is offering. This information and all other material on the website are provided in good faith. By using the website you agree and acknowledge that the website may update, change or amend the Terms and Conditions and Customer Care Policy and/or other information provided on the website at any time without advance notice. Changed terms and conditions will become effective once posted on the website, and will not have any retrospective effect on existing contractual arrangements made through the website. You should read these terms and conditions every time you visit the website to ensure that you are aware of all the relevant terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the website after any change is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
While the website uses all reasonable endeavours to make the website and associated services available, the website cannot guarantee that they will operate continuously or without interruption.
Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
The website makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the website or the contents and, to the fullest extent permissible under the law, disclaims all such representations and warranties.
Your access to and use of software and other materials on, or through the website is solely at your own risk. The website makes no warranty whatsoever about the reliability, stability or virus-free nature of such software.
Subject to applicable law, under no circumstance is Lumi and/or its Licensors and/or Suppliers and/or its Service Providers responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings or revenue, or loss or corruption of data or information) which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of or inability to use the website whether based on breach of contract, tort, negligence, product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. This includes any information, products or services obtained through or any contract entered into via the website.
When using the website you declare and agree:
- To use it solely to determine the availability of products and services offered on the website and to assist you to make legitimate bookings or transact business with us. You agree to use the website only for personal, non-commercial use.
- To use the website services to make only legitimate bookings.
- You are at least 18 years of age and you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation.
- Not to deface, alter or interfere with the front end "look and feel" of the website or the underlying software code.
- Not to take any action that may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website or related infrastructure.
- To all of our terms and conditions of purchase, including, but not limited to, full and timely payment of all amounts due and compliance with all rules concerning availability of prices, products, or services. All fees, assessments, charges, taxes and duties arising out of use of the website are your sole responsibility.
- Not to do anything which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on the website, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment.
- Not to post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libellous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication.
- Not to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights of others, including individual privacy rights.
- Not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the website or any private or member account areas on the website, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person.
- Not do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of nor any of our associated companies or third parties.
- Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful or which may create any liability on the part of the website.
- Violate this Agreement or any applicable legislation in any other manner.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents thereof as may be required by law.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Use this website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- Access, monitor or copy any content or information of this website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this website;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Deep-link to any portion of this website (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any services) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- ‘Frame’, ‘mirror’ or otherwise incorporate any part of this website into any other website without our prior written authorisation.
- Not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share the following:
- Information belonging to another person for which the user does not have any right.
- Information that is hateful, grossly harmful including harmful to minors, paedophilia, invasive of others’ privacy, racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, encouraging money laundering or gambling.
- Information that infringes any Patent, Trademark, Copyright or other Proprietary rights.
- Information that deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature.
- Information that threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of the countries we operate in, friendly relations with foreign states or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insults any other nation.
- Information that impersonates another person.
If the website considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using the website, Lumi reserves the right to:
- Warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
- Delete any material or content which you may have posted without notice to you;
- Take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using the website;
- Cancel any bookings that you may have with Lumi without reference to you;
- Report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities;
- Take legal action against you.
Copyright and trademarks
All content of the Lumi website is subject to copyright.
The website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the website.
The website, sister companies’ names, and any other product or trade names of Lumi referenced to the website are our trademarks and/or registered trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
By using Lumi mobile apps to access the Lumi and/or any other sister Company Services (the "Mobile Service"), you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Lumi website, herein this section, in addition to the rest of these Terms of Service. Your continued use of the Mobile Service is conditioned upon your compliance with these Mobile Terms.
Use of credit card
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards.
- We accept credit cards issued across various geographies. However, we may keep certain credit cards issued by certain countries blocked on our website / mobile apps during the booking process.
- We accept debit cards that have been unlocked by the respective issuing banks to be used on e-commerce websites. In case your debit card does not work on the site / app kindly contact your issuing bank to get it activated. Banks may replace your old debit card with a new one that allows you to transact on e-commerce websites.
- Your credit card / debit card will be debited when you click on the confirm button.
- The tickets shall be delivered to you to your registered email address once the payment has been confirmed by our payment gateway.
- Disclaimer: Lumi accepts no liability or responsibility and will not be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, misuse or unauthorised access occurring in connection with the provision of credit / debit card data. Lumi will not be responsible or liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on the information with regard to credit / debit card usage on this website even if Lumi has been advised of the possibility of these damages.
We will make every effort to maintain confidentiality when securing an online or mobile payment. This covers the security of your credit card details and other personal information. We do not store your credit/debit card data. All credit/debit card and payment information is secure, encrypted and handled by fully-certified payment providers.
If your booking or account shows signs of fraud, abuse, or suspicious activity, the website may cancel any reservations associated with your name, email address, or account, and close any associated Lumi accounts. If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, the website reserves the right to take any necessary Criminal and/or Civil legal action and you may be liable for monetary losses to the website, including litigation costs and damages. To contest the cancellation of a booking or freezing or closure of an account, please contact Lumi Customer Care.
The website reserves the right to undertake all necessary steps to ensure that the security, safety and integrity of Lumi’s systems, as well as its clients’ interests, are and remain, well-protected. Towards this end, Lumi may take various steps to verify and confirm the authenticity, enforceability and validity of bookings placed by you.
If Lumi, in its sole and exclusive discretion, concludes that the said transactions are not or do not reasonably appear to be authentic, enforceable or valid, then Lumi may cancel the said bookings at any time before the scheduled time of pick-up of the car booked through Lumi.
Information collection and use
What information will we collect?
When you use services provided on this website and/or mobile application, you will be asked to provide certain information:
- Personal information, which includes your email address, name, phone number, device ID and IP address.
- Transactional information, such as rental car details.
- Booking information, such as pick-up and drop-off details, type of car, and rental period.
- Credit/debit card information for payments.
- Information about your device (such as your IP address, session ID, mobile/desktop device properties, and metadata) and browser;
- Other information, such as your browsing activity on the website and mobile app.
We will store your personal information in a secure and encrypted format. We do not store your credit/debit card data. All credit/debit card and payment information is secure, encrypted and handled by fully-certified payment providers.
If you are reserving or booking a car on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained the aforementioned consent.
We will use this information in the following ways
- To fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your rental car bookings, sending you your booking confirmation, conducting payment transactions for the services available on the site or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation.
- To register you with our website/mobile application and administer our website services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services by contacting us.
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail.
- For direct marketing purposes. To enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and provide you and other customers (via mail, email, telephone or otherwise) with information about new products and services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
- To personalise your experience and give you a better service (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve the user-friendliness of the site (we continually strive to improve the site offerings based on the information we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs) and for website traffic analysis.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- To send emails, SMS, website and mobile app notifications as well as other communications for providing services, responding to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To respond to queries of the authorities with regard to your accessing of the site and services availed by you.
- Automatic logging of session data
Of course, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords, and your site membership account information. Please be very careful, responsible, and alert with this information, especially whenever you’re online.
Who do we share your information with?
Our customer support offices in the network.
- Trustworthy third parties that we use for the provision of certain services, such as enabling our customers to book cars quickly and easily.
- Third party organisations involved in credit card authorisation.
- Third party organisations assisting in fraud detection & prevention.
- With authorities, if we have a legal obligation to do so.
- Our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information we request, you will still be able to visit our site but you may be unable to access certain options or services.
What you need to know when using the Lumi mobile apps (the 'mobile apps')
When you use a mobile app, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to the same information we collect and use when using the Lumi website, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our mobile apps. Specifically:
- We collect information about mobile app functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the mobile app that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the mobile app. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
- Each mobile app also sends us the device's unique device identifier (or "UDI"), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device, as well as the unique Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA) and Identifier For Vendor (IDFV). We use this only on the first opening of the mobile app so that we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective banner ads and other marketing tools.
- When you use a mobile app, you can choose to allow access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – in order to identify nearby Lumi branches. If you choose to allow access, this location data may be collected anonymously as part of search requests logged by our servers. It may also be used for geo-targeting purposes to deliver relevant marketing messages to you and enhance your experience. You can switch off the mobile app’s access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu. This might however restrict usage of any location-dependent services or options available on our mobile app.
- You always have the ability to control what information a mobile app sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the mobile app under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the mobile app from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
- At times, we record your booking process to understand booking behaviour and improve our product. However, we do not record sensitive information such as card details.
There is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with customised information from Lumi website or mobile applications. A cookie is an element of data that a website or mobile application can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make Lumi’s website or mobile applications more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set it up to notify you when you receive a cookie, so you can decide whether to accept it.
Car rental policy
The Rental Agreement comprises of these terms and conditions, and the rental document setting out the hire details, which is provided with each vehicle at the point of hire (referred to in these terms and conditions as the "Rental Document"). The Rental Agreement is made between Lumi Rental Co Ltd (herein referred to as "the owner") and the person and/or company signing the Rental Document (herein referred to as "the hirer"), whose particulars are recorded in the Rental Document. It is hereby agreed as follows:
Article 1 – Rent & advance payment
The rental value of the vehicle is calculated on the basis of the daily rental value of the rented vehicle, in addition to a down payment amounting to SAR 500 or proportional to the daily rental value of the vehicle as determined by the owner, to be paid by the hirer upon receipt of the vehicle. At the end of the rental period, all the entitlements of the owner shall be settled and paid immediately by the hirer, or the difference refunded to the hirer if there are entitlements for it.
Based on the Value Added Tax (VAT) system and related regulations, the rental value of the rented vehicle includes Value Added Tax, and the hirer is liable for paying it.
Article 2 – Period of contract
After receiving the vehicle, if the hirer wants to extend the duration of the contract by one day, he/she can do so through our call centre. For longer extensions or reductions to the contract duration, or changes to any of the rental conditions, such as the location of vehicle delivery or any other condition, he/she must visit the branch in person with the rented vehicle to request any amendment or change. Customers are required to physically visit our rental branch to extend the agreement and pay all due charges 24 hours before the contract finishes.
If the hirer wants to extend the rental period of the Rental Agreement, then the hirer shall pay the owner of the vehicle the entire sum or sums specified in the first Rental Agreement and then the First Rental Agreement will be closed. A new Rental Agreement shall be created for the extension required after the hirer pays a new advance payment of the amount of SAR 500 or what the owner deems appropriate. The owner reserves the right to accept or reject the extension request submitted by the hirer. If the owner refuses to extend the contract, the hirer shall return the vehicle by the end of the agreed period, and the hirer shall bear all the expenses of the retrieval of the vehicle by the owner in addition to the fare of the period during which the vehicle remained in the hirer’s possession and any other amounts due to the owner for rental of the vehicle.
In all cases, the owner may - at any time - terminate the contract and retrieve the vehicle, at the owner’s discretion, without giving reasons using any means the owner deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, the use of any third party, agents, government agencies or courts.
Article 3 – Driving license
- The hirer, as a Saudi national or resident in the Kingdom, must have a valid Saudi driver’s license that is appropriate for the vehicle they are renting.
- Visitors to the Kingdom must possess a valid international driving license. The hirer shall not be less than 21 years old and the relevant regulations shall apply.
- If the vehicle is rented by a person who does not have a valid international or Saudi driving license or is under 21 years of age, he/she is not authorized to drive the vehicle.
- If the hirer makes a false statement or omits required information when signing the contract, the hirer assumes full liability and bears the cost for any damage to the rented vehicle and/or to others and their property and does not benefit from any cover in the insurance policy.
- In all cases, holders of Hajj and/or Umrah visas are not permitted to rent a vehicle.
- In all cases, the hirer cannot be younger than 21 years of age on the proposed rental agreement start date.
Article 4 – Gasoline & oil
- The hirer will return the rented vehicle with the same level of gasoline that was provided at the time of renting.
- The hirer will ensure that only the fuel type specified for the vehicle will be used. The hirer agrees to use only excellent gasoline (91, 95) as per the owner’s refuelling instructions.
- In case the hirer fails to fill the vehicle tank at the same level he/she received the vehicle at the time of renting, a petrol filling fee (91, 95), plus an additional fee of SAR 10 will be applied.
- The hirer shall ensure that the oil in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level. The owner must be contacted immediately should oil or lubrication refill be required at every 10,000 km. Note that no refunds will be made to the hirer in return for any repairs, oil replacement, or otherwise under any circumstances.
Article 5 – Maintenance
The owner shall supply the vehicle in safe and roadworthy conditions, and the hirer must take all reasonable care when driving and parking the vehicle and do what is necessary to do so, including oil replacement and lubrication (according to Article No. 4). The hirer is fully responsible for any damage or wastages caused to the vehicle as a result of negligence, such as non-examination or oil replacement on the allocated dates according to the instructions of the manufacturer and/or the owner, or the lubrication or filling with water or lack of air in tires.
Article 6 – Use of the rented vehicle
- The hirer shall not use the vehicle for the following purposes or perform the following actions:
- Transportation of any goods that violate the customs laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or carry out any illegal act while using the vehicle.
- Pulling or pushing any vehicle, trailer, or vehicle of any kind whatsoever.
- Carrying passengers or goods for payment or the like.
- The use of the vehicle in any sports races whatsoever, or any type of these races or use in motor sports, vehicle shows, training, marches, offshores or others.
- Crossing the borders of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia without obtaining an international authorisation from the owner.
- Driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medicine that influences the driver's ability to drive safely.
- Have the vehicle driven by anyone other than the hirer or to rent it to a third party without the prior written consent of the owner to be specified in the Rental Document as an additional driver.
- Drive without holding a valid driver's license.
- Make any modifications or additions to the rented vehicle.
- Load the rented vehicle with a weight exceeding the permissible limit.
Article 7 – Various obligations of the hirer by signing this contract
The hirer shall comply with the following:
- The minimum rental period is 24 hours.
- The vehicle is allowed to be driven within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and only within the range of paved roads.
- There is a grace period of 2 hours if there is a delay in the return of the vehicle. Any delay beyond that will be chargeable as per the policy. Lumi reserves the right to charge the full-day rental amount if the grace period has passed.
- The hirer agrees that the distance recorder or mileage gauge in the vehicle is the main reference for determining the distance travelled by the vehicle when paying for rental fees based on the kilometres.
- The hirer shall ensure that no part of the distance recorder or mileage gauge will be interfered with in any way. In the event that the distance recorder or mileage gauge is proven to be interfered with, the hirer shall bear an additional cost of SAR 500 per day for the duration of the Rental Agreement, regardless of any prior agreement.
- The hirer shall bear all fines and legal expenses in respect of traffic violations or other offenses that are imposed on the rented vehicle or its driver during the period of the Rental Agreement. The hirer shall also be liable for payment of all legal expenses to the lawyers or the collectors who are appointed by the owner to collect any of the dues owed by the hirer as a result of any violation of the regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The hirer shall bear the full rental value of the rented vehicle for the rental period during which the vehicle was stopped as a result of a breach or violation of the traffic laws or breakdown as a result of an accident, or damage resulting from negligence, misuse or the violation of the terms of this contract.
- The hirer shall return the vehicle after the end of the rental period or the termination for any reason, in the same condition as the vehicle was received at the start of the Rental Agreement. In the event of any defect or damage or alteration or additions to the vehicle, the hirer shall bear all expenses necessary to bring the vehicle back to the same condition as it was. Moreover, the hirer shall pay all related fees and expenses including but not limited to the costs of processing required in official government departments and elsewhere.
Article 8 – Loss of money or damage
The owner does not bear any responsibility for any harm, damage, loss or theft of money that is lost, stored or transported in the rented vehicle during the period of the contract or after its expiry. The hirer acknowledges that he/she exempts the owner from such claims without any reservations.
Article 9 – Insurance of the vehicle
- The hirer is insured against public risks and property damage with an insurance cover of up to SAR 100,000, including the risk of collision, fire and theft, provided that the hirer shall bear the insurance premium for a price of SAR 1,500 (Fifteen Hundred Saudi Riyals) for each accident.
- The personal insurance coverage of the driver is up to SAR 50,000 (Fifty Thousand Saudi Riyals) in the policy in force and the coverage does not include the treatment costs.
- The hirer acknowledges that the following items are excluded from insurance coverage:
- Charges for towing the vehicle to the workshop.
- Losses resulting from uncontrollable factors such as natural disasters and wars (unless an official report of the incident is provided from the concerned authority).
- Drunk driving or deliberate negligence as per the official traffic report, which is the only document that determines the responsibility of the accident.
- Damages resulting from an accident or theft caused to the rented vehicle after the expiry of the original contract period unless it is renewed.
- Damage to the rented vehicle as a result of an unauthorized driver, not specified in the Rental Agreement or under the age specified by this contract.
- Thefts or accidents resulting from leaving the key inside the vehicle.
- Thefts or accidents that occur outside the area in which the rented vehicle is permitted to be used.
- Any other items expressly excluded in the insurance policy.
- Insurance does not cover tyres, wheel rims, gaskets and their covers, as well as car glass.
- If an accident occurs and the second party escapes without obtaining information.
- The car shall not be used to pull any other car or practice any kind of sports such as car racing or any driving training.
- In case of car key or remote control loss, the value of the car key and remote control shall be paid according to the prices of the authorized agent of the car.
- In all cases, the hirer is obliged to return the vehicle to the owner at the end of the duration of the contract in a good and usable condition, and the hirer shall bear all costs not covered by the insurance policy.
Article 10 – Accidents
In the event of an accident, damage to the vehicle, or the damage caused by the vehicle to another person, or vehicle or due to fire or theft or other scenarios, the hirer shall do all that is necessary to arrange for the immediate investigation at the site by the police or the inspector of damage and obtain the detailed technical report of the accident, and not to give any written or oral waiver. In the event that the hirer fails to do so, the hirer shall be fully responsible for any damages, harm and losses caused by the accident or the breakdown in the rented vehicle. The hirer shall also notify the owner immediately or within 24 hours from the time of the accident or fire or theft or otherwise.
Article 11 – The responsibility of the owner
The owner does not bear any liability whatsoever towards the hirer or any third party, in respect to any accident or malfunction during the period of the rental. The owner shall not be liable for any malfunction or loss that may be caused to the hirer if it causes a breakdown or interruption of the vehicle or prevents it from continuing its journey.
Article 12 – The retrieval of the rented vehicle
- The hirer is committed, at the end of the contract, to personally hand over the vehicle to the owner during the official working hours. The official working hours are from 8am to 12pm and from 04pm to 10pm from Saturday to Thursday, and from 4pm to 10pm on Fridays.
- The hirer is committed to pay the due in full as per the contract, and to deliver the vehicle in person to the owner at the location specified in the Rental Agreement. The owner shall not be committed to receive the vehicle if the hirer violates the terms of delivery and the hirer will be liable to pay all the consequent financial costs until the vehicle is returned to the owner as agreed.
- Parking of the vehicle within the owner’s location shall not be considered as a delivery of vehicle. The vehicle is considered returned or officially delivered only if the hirer hands over the vehicle to the owner, settles all outstanding payments in accordance with the contract, and officially receives the acknowledgement from the owner in the form of a receipt stamped with the owner's seal.
Article 13 – Resolving the disputes and conflicts
In the event of any dispute or inability to reach an amicable solution over the interpretation or implementation of this contract and associated terms and conditions, both parties agree to submit the dispute to the judicial authorities for consideration. The decision shall be final and binding upon both parties. The hirer must not leave the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia before reaching a settlement to the dispute(s).
Article 14: Additional terms
- The company bears the costs of consumable spare parts and their replacement unless it is proven that the misuse by the tenant or the authorised person led to their damage.
- The hirer or the person authorised to drive the vehicle is obliged not to drive the vehicle in water levels that may affect and/or interfere with the proper functioning and condition of any part of the vehicle. In case of violations, as per the owner’s discretion, the hirer agrees to pay the full cost of repairing the vehicle without any objection.
- In the event of any damage or scratches, burns or pigmentation in the vehicle seats or any part thereof or in case of loss of the key or remote control or any number and accessories of the vehicle, the hirer bears the responsibility for the replacement and or repair, and agrees to pay all associated costs in full, as determined by the owner.
- If the hirer wishes to hand over the vehicle in a city other than the one in which he was hired, the hirer agrees to pay the fees as determined by the owner to arrange the requested handover.
- In the event that the owner finds the hirer in breach or suspends its services as a result of non-payment of rent or any other entitlements, the owner does not bear any expenses/responsibilities related to discarding the carry out the generalisation or returning the services and the hirer bears all the consequences thereof.
- No amendments to be added in the contract by the company after signing it unless it is approved by the customer.
Article 15: Trademarks and all related material
LUMI is considered as a trademark of LUMI Rental Co. Ltd.
Indemnity & limitation of liability
As a condition of use of the Lumi website, you agree to indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
In no event will the website be liable to you for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages (including without limitation lost business opportunities, lost revenues, or loss of anticipated profits or any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary loss or damage of any nature whatsoever) arising out of or relating to (i) this agreement, (ii) the services, the site or any reference site, or (iii) your use or inability to use the services, the site (including any and all materials) or any reference sites. In no event will the website or any of its contractors, directors, employees, agents, third-party partners, licensors or suppliers’ total liability to you for all damages, liabilities, losses, and causes of action arising out of or relating to (i) this Agreement, (ii) the Services, (iii) your use or inability to use the Services or the site (including any and all materials) or any reference sites, or (iv) any other interactions with the website, however caused and whether arising in contract, tort including negligence, warranty or otherwise, exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for using the portion of the Services or the Site giving rise to the cause of action or Two hundred Riyal (SAR 200), whichever is less.
The failure of the website to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by Lumi.
Links to third-party Websites
The website may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. The website does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us.
You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the website or if you have any grievances about any of the services provided by the website please contact us.
How to reach Lumi:
Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Choice of law and jurisdiction
Your use of the website and the terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Saudi Arabia. Nevertheless, the website reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.
Lumi may provide you with notices and communications by email, regular mail or postings on the site or by any other reasonable means. Except as otherwise set forth herein, notice to the website must be sent by courier or registered mail to the website’s registered office 3668 Abi Al Mudhaffar Al Mubarak Street, Al Olaya District, Riyadh, 12311 - 6474.